The ongoing Debt Crisis (Obama FAIL); Downgrade Inevitable?; MSM; Gov Perry; Energy crisis; Healthcare issues; Obama’s Favorite Union Heavies; and more
By Doug Patton – As the United States of America continues to drift, many Americans still seem perplexed that after two-and-a-half years, Barack Obama is a walking contradiction. He cannot seem to lead; he can only follow and dictate. He has no policies, only vague concepts and Marxist ideology.
Trump: Obama is ‘Now Totally Lost,’ Boehner Must Not Fold
In an exclusive Newmax interview, billionaire developer Donald Trump says that President Barack Obama is out of his depth when it comes to negotiating a way out of the debt ceiling crisis. Republicans are in a no-lose situation where they can either extract a great deal from the administration, or they can delay a decision so the president has to take his unpopular stance up again just before the election, Trump says. FULL STORY
by Rand Simberg – No time to let up on the pressure by Republicans for spending cuts with no tax increases.
- Wall Street Blase About Debt Ceiling Quagmire
- Gasparino: Obama Wants Massive Stock Sell-off
- Obama Wants a Crisis, Gasparino Edition
- Economists: US Likely to Lose ‘AAA’ Rating
- Downgrade Inevitable? AAA credit rating may be lost even if debt deal is struck
- Deal or No Deal? US Downgrade Looking Likely
- Treasuries Fall as Obama Threatens to Veto Boehner’s Debt Plan
- USA Can Avoid Default ‘at Least Until September’
- DeMint: Obama Wants a ‘Showdown’
- Rep. Jordan: Obama Shouldn’t Scare Seniors, Military
- Sen. Sessions: Reid Debt Plan Has ‘No Teeth’
- Christopher Ruddy: Boehner Stands Firm
- Cantor: Where Is Your Plan, Mr. President?
- Boehner Delays Vote on His Debt-ceiling Measure
- Conservative Ire Threatens GOP Debt Plan in House
- Boehner Reworks Plan after Cuts Fall Short
De Borchgrave US Must Follow ‘Doctrine of Restoration’
- Newsmax Poll: Most Don’t Trust Obama on Economy
- Left, Right, Polls Agree: Obama Is Flubbing It
- Obamageddon update
- WH: 14th Amendment Option ‘Not Available’ (another about face)
Cavuto Common Sense – Better no deal than bad deal
It’s Clear Obama Has Been the Real Roadblock– James Capretta, NROWith the collapse of the Boehner-Obama talks, it looks as if something closer to “regular order” in the legislative branch will probably be …
All-Drama Obama – Jed Babbin
by Richard Pollock – The president will be condemned by history for a U.S. credit rating collapse.
On Governor Rick Perry, R-Texas:
As far as we’re concerned this man should be/will be, the next President! The longest sitting Governor, of the large and diverse state of Texas, and is popular having won 3 consecutive elections; He has been successful, has weathered the storm, and has been one of the top job producers in the country; He is a man who will lead, is respected, is a principled Christian man, and doesn’t need to be patronized nor want to be coddled; He knows how to stand up to WashingtonDC, is a staunch defender of the Constitution, of Founding Intent, as well as States Rights, Individual Liberty, his Country, and our Creator – God of Nature; He would make both a good Commander in Chief and a good Chief Executive, in his experience, and capability, he runs wide circles around President Obama (and for that matter, much of the rest of the field)!
(Footnote for the staunch liberals; Perry is his own man, in our view is the right kind of Republican, and he is NOT President Bush.)
(Footnote 2; We don’t dislike Bush, and don’t think for one minute that we disagree with him so much that we don’t think he’s any better than Obama, because he most certainly was.)
As for a Vice President, quite frankly when it comes down to it, it could be any one of the other candidates, or even a few who are not that we have in mind. That being said, Bachmann, a Constitutionalist, Conservative, Republican, would top the list among the current field for obvious reasons..
Democrats: The Party of Pain and Suffering
The GOP needs to be a party of freedom, reform, and economic growth. More (Note to the GOP: Many of you are doing a job and some of you still don’t get it; Regardless, this message is not a request, it’s a demand!)
- To Ann Curry’s Surprise, CNBC’s Jim Cramer Rejects Obama Fearmongering
- NBC: Obama for ‘Balanced Approach,’ Boehner ‘Seemed to Reject All Talk of Compromise’
- ABC Ignores Its Own Poll Showing Bleak Numbers for Obama on the Economy
- NBC’s Gregory Claims Obama ‘Trying to Help’ Boehner by Pressuring House GOP to Accept ‘Balanced Approach’ of Tax Hikes
- CNN’s Piers Morgan Rails Against Republicans for Not ‘Compromising,’ Slaps Anti-Tax Hike Stand as ‘Crazy’
- Ex-Newsweek Editor Howard Fineman Slams: Tea Partiers Are Creating a ‘Slow Motion Secession’
- CNBC’s John Harwood Blames GOP ‘Crazy Politics’ for Debt Ceiling Stalemate
- On CNN Newsroom, Same-Sex Marriage, Not Debt Crisis, Is the Major Story of the Day (of course we’re talking about another gay anchor so go figure)
On the brighter side, at least a couple in the MSM out there may be seeing the light (and actually reporting it)
Video: CNN notices how out-of-touch Obama is
7/26/2011 Ed Morrissey
Has the media begun to notice the wheels coming off at the White House? First, Politico notices that Barack Obama still hasn’t offered any solutions despite the late hour of the fiscal crisis at hand. Last night, CNN’s Gloria Borger noticed… More…
A few more things:
Paul Chesser | 7.22.11 @ 6:08AM
The fossil fuel shale extraction industry is under attack.
- Upton: Foreign Oil Holds US Hostage (Administration must act or loose to China)
- Oil Rises to Six-Week High as Dollar Drops
Troubling New Health Care Survey – Looming Obamacare
Many small businesses inching closer to dropping coverage
A new poll shows that 57 percent of Americans favor the repeal of Obamacare. And it’s no surprise. A Heritage report shows that job growth stalled after the law was enacted.
Ivan Osorio & Adam Michel | 7.26.11 @ 6:07AM
The Service Employees International lives to intimidate in the workplace.
Unions thrive on workplace conflict. The AFL-CIO, for example, sponsors a “Bad Boss Contest,” which awards the employee who submits the best story about a horrible boss a “seven-night vacation escape” from his or her workplace travails. But aggressive union tactics are no laughing matter, as a recently unveiled playbook distributed by one of America’s biggest unions reveals.
Over the last decade, aggressive campaigns against employers have enabled the Service Employees International Union (SEIU) to grow into one of the country’s biggest labor organizations. Now, its campaign manual — which the union recently had to file during discovery in a federal court proceeding — offers an unprecedented glimpse of how the union operates. It’s not a pretty picture…
- The Jarrett Files by Wlady Pleszczynski
- Who is Valerie Jarrett?
J.T. Young | 7.25.11 @ 6:07AM
Liberals finally recognize the need to slash corporate taxes. This is a moral victory for conservatives everywhere.
James P. Gannon | 7.25.11 @ 6:06AM
The U.S. Constitution is not an “obstacle” to a better America — it is the sure path to it!